Sardis Riverside Dentist

Inlays and Onlays

Dental Services

Inlays and Onlays in Chilliwack, BC

While small cavities can be filled with composite dental fillings, teeth that are more extensively damaged are treated using a different process. If the damage affects the area between two cusps of a single tooth, your dentist will use an inlay. If the damage only affects one cusp, they will use an onlay.

What Are Inlays and Onlays?

Inlays and onlays are made from ceramic, porcelain, or resin and are custom-made to perfectly fill the damaged portion of the tooth. Unlike filling a dental cavity, which is a straightforward dental procedure, inlays and onlays must be fabricated in a dental lab.

Do I Need a Crown or an Onlay?

The decision to place a crown or an inlay or onlay depends on the extent of the decay in the tooth. When a smaller area of the tooth is affected, your dentist will likely choose an inlay or onlay. However, if a larger area is damaged or decayed, your dentist may recommend a crown.

Contact Us

  • What can we help you with?

New Patients Welcome

Book Your Dental Appointment Today